I wish to acknowledge the support I received from the following people:
My daughter, Norell Mounger and son-in-law Robert Mounger for giving me the “push” to speak about my military history and putting the majority of dictation on DVD. They supplied me with a monitor when mine died!
- Geoffrey Telkamp for reading the rough manuscript and making valuable suggestions.
- Joyce Lawrence who first transcribed this story from my verbal “gibberish”.
- Martha Blewer for taking the printed “gibberish” and putting it into acceptable, readable, English.
- Suzanne Lockridge in supplying me with a computer, to edit the story and creating the final merging and editing of the chapters.
- I thank my cat, Chris, for his constant companionship and affection during this project. He is my co-author who contributed exceptional talent. The writing of these stories took, at least, four times longer than necessary with his help.
I give him sole credit for his artistry in sleeping on my notes, scattering my pages, walking on my computer keyboard and slapping my “mouse”. One of his outstanding talents was climbing on top of the monitor, only to fall off and become entangled in the wires! This resulted in the wires to the computer being disconnected, forcing a complete “shut down”.